Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani blamed some world and regional countries for the terrorism in Iraq and Syria.
Addressing a forum in Tehran on Friday afternoon, Larijani lashed out at these powers, saying they are using terrorism as a tool to advance their propaganda goals.
"The Baathists and Takfiris should be blamed for the recent events in Iraq. When the events happened in Syria, many countries around Iran came to us and spoke about Syria and said if Syria shows respect for democracy, the Takfiris won't be there anymore; now I ask if there were no democracy in Iraq that we now see the Takfiris taking the current actions,” the Iranian speaker said, according to FNA.
"It is obvious that the Americans and the countries which are around us have made such moves and while they don’t even have a proper parliament, they are thinking about democracy in Iraq and Syria," he added.
Larijani underlined that these events display how terrorism has grown into an instrument for the big powers to advance their goals under this pretext.
|14-06-2014 - 10:35 Last updated 14-06-2014 - 10:35|
- Rouhani Says Iran Ready to Strike Terrorism in Iraq at Baghdad’s Request
- Maliki in Samarra: Iraq Forces Started Clearing Cities of Terrorists
- Religious Reference Urges Iraqis to Fight ISIL Terrorists
- Iraqi MP to Al-Manar Website: Incubator Environment for ISIL in Nineveh
- Oil Hits Nine-Month High near $115 on Iraq Crisis
- Turkey Says Abducted Consulate Staff in Iraq "Safe"
- Iraq Carries out New Plan to Defend Baghdad
River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian