Tuesday 25 October 2011

"If this meeting was to become known, count me as dead,"

Arafat said the same to his Linkman with the same Perez

"When Arafat agreed to participate in what I called a conspiracy for peace, he said this to me: “You must understand that I am putting my life into your hands. If word of this leaks before I have something concrete to show for it, I will be assassinated.”


Some years later I discovered who the assassin would have been.

"Over lunch in his home, I told Abu Iyad the story of my secret shuttle diplomacy between Arafat and Peres, and I ended by quoting what Arafat had said to me at the start of it – that he would be assassinated if word that he was engaged in dialogue with Peres through me leaked.


Abu Iyad said: “He was telling you the truth. I would not have ordered anybody else to shoot him, I would have done it myself, with my own gun.”"

At the end it " the would have been "Assassin" was Assissinate.
Who assassin od Abu Iyad and Abu Jihad???



Secret document reveals .. Abbas discussed the overthrow of Arafat with Preres
[ 24/10/2011 - 09:16 PM ]

Israel should stop praising me
so that my election chances are not impaired".
Amman, (PIC)-- Hebrew media revealed on Sunday a secret document in the shape of minutes of a secret meeting between the then Foreign Minister, Shimon Peres and Mahmoud Abbas, who was the PA Prime Minister at the time.
Yediot Ahranot, which published part of the document, said that such documents will embarrass Abbas. The document, which will be published soon along with other documents in a book about former Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, is about a secret meeting between Abbas and Peres and during which they discussed the overthrow of Arafat.
According to the writer of the report, Abbas and Peres used to make secret contacts behind the back of Yaser Arafat.


The document also reveals that Abbas told Peres that by having these secret contacts he was putting his life on the line. "If this meeting was to become known, count me as dead," Abbas told Peres.
He further told Peres: "Israel should stop praising me so that my election chances are not impaired".
According to the document, Abbas describes Arafat as a non-realistic man and asked the Israelis to convince the US to finance the PA when he gets elected.
"Sharon, biography of a leader" is a book written by Sharon's son, Gilad Sharon, in which he draws on documents, letters and meeting minutes in his father's personal archive.

River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

No comments: