Tuesday 21 June 2011

“Yes it is Salam Fayyad”, The government is my responsibility and I form it the way I like,

Abu Zuhri: Abbas statement unjustified escalation
[ 21/06/2011 - 09:36 AM ] 
GAZA, (PIC)-- Hamas spokesman Dr. Sami Abu Zuhri has described recent statements by PA chief and Fatah leader Mahmoud Abbas as “unjustified media escalation”.

Abu Zuhri told the PIC on Monday evening that the statements included false accusations, adding that they could harm national unity and reconciliation efforts.

The spokesman asked Cairo, which patronizes reconciliation efforts, to judge such statements that only harm its reconciliation efforts.

Abbas in a TV interview on Monday night said that it was his right to choose the next premier, adding, “Yes it is Salam Fayyad”. He said, “The government is my responsibility and I form it the way I like, it will represent me and my policy, and I will be the one to shoulder its failure”.

He said the government would be sworn-in before him and would not ask for a confidence vote at the Palestinian legislative council, explaining that it was a transitional government.

Abbas said that the detentions would continue for those smuggling weapons and explosives, and for money laundering, adding that no one would be arrested for his opinions and political leanings.

The de facto president said that he was an ardent supporter of negotiations with Israel and was against armed struggle, saying it “destroyed the country”.

River to Sea Uprooted Palestinian

No comments: