Tuesday 29 December 2009

How AIPAC Corrupts U.S. Politicians for Israel

Link

By Jim Traficant*


We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.” (Statement of former Israeli prime minister, Ariel Sharon Oct. 3, 2001.)



I served in Congress for 17 years (1985-2002). One term I received more votes than any other member. In fact, my vote total exceeded that of several U.S. senators.
The government and media did everything to defeat me. I never raised much money. In fact, the word was “out” that if you contributed to JT’s campaign you’d be audited by the IRS. Over those 17 years I returned more than $2 billion (over normal formula money) to my impoverished district.
When I took office in 1985 (the only Democrat to defeat an incumbent Republican during the Reagan landslide over Mondale), the unemployment rate in my district was over 22%.When I left, it was 6%. I’m proud of that.
I didn’t make friends as I manipulated every possible manoeuvre to bring federal dollars home to put our people to work. I don’t apologize either, since that money was being taken by the big dogs of Congress each and every year. I simply “muscled” in, utilizing every parliamentary machination imaginable.
Now that you have that brief snapshot, we can visit the “Traficant for Congress” odyssey.
The 17th district of Ohio consisted of Mahoning and Trumbull counties, both heavily Democrat. The incumbent Democrat had been defeated by Lyle Williams (R), mostly due to alleged illegalities. With opposition from the media, and inner party backstabbing, Rep. Charles Carney was defeated. Williams was re-elected three times.
I ran for Congress in 1984. What an ordeal! I was opposed by all the institutions, media, chambers of commerce and yes, both county Democratic parties. I was so opposed, I did not even seek an endorsement of either Democratic Party.
I defeated Williams. He got the biggest vote of his career, but what no one expected was 65,000 new voters casting ballots. I had a strong following. I had won the primary election by a landslide. I was now targeted. I was so opposed that presidential candidate Walter Mondale’s staff asked me to not attend his rally at Youngstown State University (over 6,000 people).
Mondale’s staff said; “The Ohio Democrat Party, and both county parties, oppose you. They’ve told us that if you’re invited they will be very upset with the Mondale campaign.”
I’m the Democratic nominee for Congress—by a landslide—and the local, state and federal Democratic bosses wanted me defeated. The Democratic National Committee was told that “they would not receive any money from this district if they helped Traficant.”
I was a total maverick, opposed by the powers that be. I got a phone call, from a local politician [L.P.] who said: “There’s a businessman (Mr. X) that wants to meet you and give you help with your campaign.” It sounded promising. I agreed to meet. The meeting was held at Perkins Pancake House in Canfield Ohio.
Here’s how it transpired (names withheld).
LP: “This is Mr. X. He asked me to arrange this meeting.”
JT: “Glad to meet you, Mr. X.” (Shake hands, and small talk occurs.)
Mr. X: “I realize that you need money, and I’d like to help.”
JT: “I’d appreciate it.”
Mr. X: “I am a board member of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) and would like to make a contribution to your campaign.”
JT: “Thank you, I have little money. I can use it.”
Mr. X “I have $10,000 in cash for you.”
JT: “The primary election is over. I can only accept $5,000 from a political action committee. I’d be glad to accept a check for $5,000” (knowing he would not do this).
Mr. X: “I can’t do that. The incumbent is our friend and he would be offended if he found out I gave you a contribution. I’d prefer to give you $10,000 in cash, with no record.”
JT: “That would be a campaign violation for me, and the government would just love to put me in prison.”
Mr. X: “You have nothing to worry about from me. The government will not bother us. I can assure you of that.”
JT: “Let’s check this out. You want to give me $10,000 in cash, with no record of it. Truth is, I didn’t just fall off a turnip truck. AIPAC, and your extensive network of PACs, have reportedly given your Republican ‘friend’ more than $200,000 already.”
Mr. X: “He’s been a good friend.” (He never denied the $200,000.)
JT: “Yes, I know that. And you want to buy some insurance with me, in the event that I knock him out. Right?”
Mr. X, stunned by my comment, seemed speechless.
JT: “I’ll tell you what Mr. X, you keep your $10,000, and I’ll keep my vote.”
Mr. X: (noticeably upset) “You’ll never win with that attitude toward Israel.”
J.T: “Maybe not, but I’ll keep my own my vote.”
The meeting ended abruptly. They left. I finished a diet cola. I was not surprised. When I realized who Mr. X was, I expected his actions. (AIPAC tried to defeat me in the primary elections.) I suspect that this type of meeting has occurred with politicians throughout the U.S.A. I won the election. The first person, desperately trying to meet with me (election night), was Mr. X, who wanted to “develop a friendship.” We never did. Good fences make good neighbors.
This article is the truth, an almost word-for-word depiction of the meeting that took place. This is not meant to be self-serving, but to give you insight as to how AIPAC infiltrates the policies and politics of the United States.
I assure you that both Mr. X and the local politician who arranged meeting will never admit this, but that is exactly what occurred in the summer of 1984.
I was targeted by AIPAC when Mr. X left that restaurant. I felt it! I also believe that AIPAC had much to do with my wrongful conviction and incarceration, but that’s an issue for another day. AIPAC usually gets a piece of most politicians. Not this time.
We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.” (Statement of former Israeli prime minister, Ariel Sharon Oct. 3, 2001.)
I say again AIPAC has a stranglehold on America. Call me what you will, but that is the gospel truth. I further state that if America does not stop AIPAC, America will be further damaged. In addition, in the long run, AIPAC will damage Israel as well. That is, if Israel is an innocent bystander in all this debacle. However, I doubt it. _




James Trafficant
*James A. (Jim) Traficant, Jr. was born in Youngstown, Ohio on May 8, 1941. He received B.S. and M.S. degrees from the University of Pittsburgh, where he was a well-known football star. He also received a M.S. from Youngstown State University in 1976. From 1981-1985 he served as sheriff of Mahoning County, prior to his election to the U.S. Congress in 1984. He was re-elected by overwhelming margins every year up until 2002 when, following his conviction on trumped up corruption charges, he was expelled from the House of Representatives. Despite his conviction and expulsion and being sent to prison for a seven year term Traficant still won 15% of the vote running for re-election to the House in the 2002 election as an independent. Donations of support may be sent to Mrs. Tish Traficant, 429 Main Street, Poland, OH 44514.

If you liked this post, then…
Source: American Free Press
December 26, 2009 Posted by Elias

River to Sea
 Uprooted Palestinian

1 comment:

Edna said...

Ibama's Hanukkah message to Gaza - one year ago
http://mundosonhos.wordpress.com/2009/12/27/obamas-hanukkah-message-to-gaza/